Tuesday 20th June is Fun Games for the junior school including the Pre-Junior classes.
As you were already informed via Ms. Georgina’s email, this will take the form of play water games as well as swimming in the pools already set up in the school grounds.
These are the main points which will guide you what to send for that day.
- The children need to come to school wearing their bathing suit beneath their school uniform. Since the children are young, to the contrary of what was originally stated in the e mail, girls may come in a two piece bathing suit since it makes it easier for them to access the toilet.
- You need to send in:
- Ready blown up armbands
- A towel
- A t-shirt for the children to wear while swimming (compulsory) – either a swim top or a normal t shirt
- A sun hat – Extremely important since they cannot apply sun block before entering the pool BUT they can apply sun block from home.
- Flip-flops, crocks or sandals
- A pair of underpants to change into after swimming
- A plastic bag to put the wet items in before sending them home.
Please ensure that everything you send in is clearly labelled so we don’t have any confusion.
- An ice cream van will be visiting the school that day. If you wish, your child will be allowed to buy an ice cream. Please write me a note in their notebook and leave it open with your decision. If the decision is yes send in Euro 2 in a labelled envelope with the child’s name.
- IMP. – Sun cream may be applied at home before the children come to school.
Thanks for your co-operation
IMP – I encourage that you try your best to make it to this unique event because with the participation and help of each and every one of you we hope to break the record of the “largest number of persons dressed as sunflowers at a single venue”.
If for any reason you as a parent cannot make it to the event try and send a grandparent, aunt etc.
If you cannot make it, please note that it is still a normal school day for the children. They have to be at school at the normal time 7.50 am even if the event starts at 9.15 am after mass. I will explain why some parents could not attend. They can understand more than we think if we give them a valid reason.
There are strict rules to be followed in order for each participant to be valid.
- All participants must wear green clothing (see below);
- All participants must wear a headdress around the face or on the head. The headdress must have large yellow petals on a brown band/cord to represent the sunflower head. (Example is stuck outside our class door.)
- Participants may also paint their faces yellow/brown but this is not a requirement;
- All participants must be in position simultaneously and remain so for a minimum of 5 minutes;
- No pointed heels will be allowed, for the protection of the turf pitch,
Clothes to be worn for the event:
- Participants can wear trousers, shorts or tights, t-shirts, shirts, tops, jumpers skirts or dresses.
- Any shade of green clothing is allowed even khaki colour. If you happen not to have any of the green clothing mentioned participants can wear green garbage bags. You can get a garbage bag against a small donation which will go towards the Hospice Malta from administration.
- It is important that attire does not consist of a pot as part of the costume.
- The School can order unisex t-shirts at the price of €2.50 (kindly contact Ms Natasha La Rosa, Senior School Admin office)
- Alternatively a shop in Triq in-Naxxar, San Gwann (Felicity) is supplying the following items: green tights at €2.75 (in sizes 2-4, 4-6 and 6-8 years); green t-shirts for kids at €4.95 (in sizes 2-13 years); green t-shirts for adults at €5.95 (in sizes S, M, L and XL) or from any outlet of your choice.
- Headdress: The headdress can be made of cardboard or of fabric, as long as it has large yellow petals on a brown band/cord – most of you have the template already but if you don’t we have available in class.
Thank you for your cooperation.
This is the circular sent to all by Mr. Brian. I am reattaching just in case some of you did not receive it.
“Attached please find the circular regarding the 18th of May event, part of which will be the Guinness World Record that we will be attempting to break as a School.
Kindly read through it as it gives a good description of what is happening on the day of 18th May.
Should you have any difficulties please do not hesitate to contact Mr Brian on email@example.com or Ms Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org. ’’
Guinness World Record Breaking#Participation Form
Change of uniform – interim provision,
Please refer to the below document sent by Ms. Karen Galea, just in case you did not receive it.
Att: Parents of Flutterby Child Care Centre & Pre-Junior Classes
Please note that since the weather is getting warmer but still unsettled, we thought of creating an interim uniform provision starting from Tuesday 2nd May until further notice.
All the Flutterby and the Pre-Junior students are to start wearing the summer polo short-sleeved orange top and navy blue cardigan (with Flutterby logo) instead of the orange winter track-suit top until we decide to change completely into the summer uniform. With regards to the trousers, the children are still expected to wear the winter navy blue track-suit trousers.
I thank you in advance for your kind attention and co-operation.
Early School Years Director
The Pre-Junior class teachers are currently putting together a document of each child in their class for the first half of this scholastic year.
This report should be sent out to you within a few weeks.
We would like to ask you to send in a passport photo of your child so that we could insert it in this learning journey document.
One of the passport sized photos in the pack of the school photo you purchased earlier this year would be ideal.
Thank you for your constant help and co-operation.
As you all know from the calendar of events you were given in the beginning of the scholastic year parents’ day will be held on Friday 20th of January.
You will be allotted a 10 minute appointment at some point during the morning.
Appointments will be given out at random. However if you have a very valid reason to request a specific time please let me know and I will try my best to accommodate you.
As you can understand it is impossible to grant everybody a particular time.
The appointment letters will be given out in the coming days. The children will not have school on that day.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I am attaching the memo sent out by Ms. Sue for your perusal.