Dear parents and guardians,
Yesterday Monday 12th December I collected the library books before the Christmas holidays. We will give out library books once again when we start school on Monday 9th January 2017.
Although they do not have any readers from school the children can still picture read books from home. Please still try and find some special time to read to them over the holidays.
- Ask them to draw a picture of one of the books they like just like they do every week.
- Please write the name of the book and author on the same paper at the top of the page.
- At the bottom write what they liked about the book just like you usually do.
- Tell them to bring it with them after the Christmas Holidays.
- We will have a show and tell of the pictures presented. So please do encourage the children to draw. They love to participate.
I will then hang their pictures on one of our class boards for everyone to see 🙂