During the third week we worked on letter t. This letter was associated with the t for teeth and toothbrush in the All about Me section. See topic work for craft activity.
We also saw if we have other parts in our body which start with t words. The children came up with words like tummy, toes and tongue. We then moved on to other objects starting with t, such as tiger, tree, tortoise, table, tennis.
The jolly phonics story for the letter t sound is this.
Two people are playing tennis and with every ball they hit, their head turns from side to side saying t/ t/ t/.
Jolly Phonic Rhyme Letter t sound
- Step 1 – Start at the top , go down
- Step 2 – And Tail, lift pencil
- Step 3 – Go across from side to side.
Practice Ideas For Home
- You can place about 5 objects or pictures on the table, amongst which you have objects starting with the letter t sound.
- Say the name of each object emphasizing and exaggerating the first letter sound of each object and ask your child if that object or picture starts with the letter sound t. This is a skill which needs loads of practice, so don’t get worried if they are not understanding as first what this means. Praise at this point is very important to build their confidence. 🙂