The coming week is a special week at school because we are celebrating Animal Awareness Week.
So our topic work and activities will all be based on animals and pets. The main event of the whole week will take place on Wednesday 19th October which will be Animal Awareness Day.
- On that day, the children’s pets are invited to join us at school between 8 and 10 am always accompanied by an adult. Ms Georgina sent you a form to fill in if you would like to bring your pet along.
- Your pets are invited to come to class at a given time between 8.15 and 9am. In order for this to happen you will need to inform me and Ms Georgina that you would like to bring your pet. The children really enjoy this event and I do encourage you to bring along your pets.
- On Wednesday children are allowed to come to school in casual clothes. Part of their clothing has to be purple even if it is a ribbon especially for those who do not have a purple t-shirt. We are doing this gesture to support the Purple for Paws Cause.
- Every year it is our tradition to collect donations of pet food which we give to NGO’s and pet sanctuaries. This donation has to be done in the form of canned food. Such a gesture will instill in the children a sense of altruism and caring for animals even if they do not belong to us. So I do encourage such a small donation which makes a big difference as a collective effort.
- On Wednesday, we will also be having a pet themed cooking activity. I will be sending a list of one or items per child in their note book on Monday. So please do not forget to send in the notebook in the red folder on Monday 🙂